Moab is just one of Utah’s amazing areas for adventure. The region mostly consists of Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park. Each area offers a unique and amazing experience whether you are there to just take in the beauty or plan on doing one of the many outdoor activities. Glamping in Utah is one of the best ways to experience the area as it allows you to stay among nature with more amenities.
Moab Glamping in Utah is the best of both worlds. Luxury and camping, plus close to all the activities and sights to see in Moab Utah. We have created a nice list of the top Moab Glamping spots and some of the top things to see and do as well. Make sure to bookmark this page for planning your Utah Glamping in Moab trip and enjoy your stay in this beautiful state.
Things To Do And See When Glamping in Moab
Arches National Park
This famous park in Utah contains the largest concentration of natural sandstone arches in the world. The area has many hiking trails for both family and the more adventurous. There is also a scenic drive that goes to most of the best viewpoints within the park. Within the park, you will be able to explore giant sandstone fins, humungous balanced rocks, high pinnacles and spires that make visitors look like hobbits.
Some easier hikes include Park Avenue Trail and other trails in the Windows section of the park. If you want some longer trails you can try Double O Arch, Delicate Arch, Tower Arch and Landscape Arch.
The Canyonlands National Park
Canyonlands is the largest park in Utah and is a popular place for adventure for those glamping in Utah. If you do not have a lot of time to explore, the Island of the Sky district would be your best bet to see the most spectacular views in a short period of time. The Island in the Sky rises on top of a huge 1500ft mesa.
If you are looking to spend more time in the park you can hike some trails in the park, like Neck Spring Trail. If you have an off-road capable vehicle you can drive down the Shafer Trail to the White Rim and climb around Musselman Arch. You may need a permit, so be sure to check.
Dead Horse Point State Park
One of the most beautiful state parks in the country, Dead Horse Point viewpoint is a must for anyone Glamping in Moab. The amazing view is one of the most photographed in the world. The viewpoint is 2000 feet above the Colorado River and you get to take in the endless sculpted pinnacles and buttes of the area.
There are tons of pet-friendly hiking trails in the park and the new Intrepid Trail System for mountain biking. Dead Horse Point State Park is also a premier spot for stargazing and was recognized as an International Dark Sky Park in 2016.
The Best Utah Glamping in Moab Spots
Red Rock Base Camps for Moab Glamping
Location: Moab, Utah.
Suitable for: solo retreat, couples, small families
Are you dreaming of camping in comfort with your partner while you are in Moab? Then try the trailers at the Red Rock Base Camps. They deliver the trailers to a campsite of your liking to make glamping trouble-free. Free delivery is given within 10 miles of Moab. And the best part is you can have a super luxurious glamping in Moab experience in these comfy, fully equipped trailers even in hot summers and cold winters.
The cabin can accommodate up to 2 people with its queen-sized bed. You are provided with sheets, comforters and a wooden cabinet to put your clothes in. Other camp amenities include an outdoor kitchen, gas stove, yeti cooler, propane heater and cooking utensils. You can also request a rooftop tent along with the trailer; it has a queen-sized mattress that can sleep four people.
Location: Near Arches National Park, Moab, Utah
Suitable for: solo retreat, couples, romantic getaway, families
The Wander Camp is truly a wonderful place as the name suggests. This is because you can get an incredible Moab Utah Glamping adventure in these luxury tents and the national parks are nearby! You can enjoy sunrise/sunset when you are here, explore the Amasa Back Trail and hike in the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks or try some mountain biking or skydiving.
Each tent in the Wander Camp is made with waterproof canvas and is 216 Square feet and 16 feet in diameter. There are 4 types of tents- King Tent, Family Tent, Twin Tent and Triple Tent. The King Tent has 1 king-sized bed, the Family Tent has 1 king-sized bed and 1 twin bed, the Twin Tent has 2 twin beds and the Triple Tent has 3 twin beds.
There are windows and doors to ensure privacy and luxurious furniture. All of them are equipped with tables, chairs, sheets, solar-powered lanterns, USB outlets and fans. Shared bathrooms are available in the form of tipis.
Location: 3310 Spanish Valley Drive, Moab, Utah.
Suitable for: solo retreat, couples, families
OK RV Park allows you to enjoy the outdoors in style in the cozy tipis that are clean and safe. It is located 35 km away from the Canyonlands Field Airport. You can arrange for a little party too, in the outdoor BBQ area, grill some burgers under a starry night while singing songs. The best part is that these tipis are extremely family-friendly.
The tipis have family-friendly rooms and double beds to accommodate 3-4 people. Other camp amenities include a bathroom with a shower, free Wi-fi and free parking on the premises.
Location: Near Arches National Park, Moab, Utah
Suitable for: solo retreat, couples, families, small groups
Under Canvas Camps takes the glamping in Moab scene to a whole new level with the location and the types of accommodation in it! It was also awarded one of the “Top 15 Resort Hotels in the West” by Travel + Leisure, and therefore, a stay here will be worth it. It is located 7 miles away from the Arches National Park, where you can spend the days hiking, climbing, mountain biking and looking for wildlife.
There are 8 types of tents at Under Canvas Moab – Suite, Stargazer, Deluxe, Safari Tent, Safari with 3 Twins, Kids with Tent Suite, Deluxe with Kids Tent and Safari with Kids Tent. Private bathrooms and a private deck with chairs are available for every tent so that guests can the evenings outside.
Types of Accommodations for Glamping in Moab Under Canvas
- The Suite- This is suitable for couples or families looking for all luxury within an elegantly furnished tent. It can accommodate 4 people with its king-sized bed and queen-sized loft in the lounge area.
- Stargazer- This is suitable for couples spending their romantic getaway because the tent alone is spectacular with a viewing window for stargazing above the king-sized bed.
- Deluxe Tent- This is suitable for couples as it has a king-sized bed with a private bathroom.
- Safari Tent- This is suitable for couples spending their romantic getaway as it is a cabin-style tent with a king-sized bed, with a bathhouse having private stalls.
- Safari with 3 Twins- This is suitable for a small group of friends as it has 3 twin beds, along with a bathhouse and a wood-burning stove to keep you warm on cold nights.
- Suite with Kids Tent- It has all the facilities of the Suite along with an adjacent tent with 2 twin beds for kids. So, altogether it can accommodate 4 adults and 2 kids.
- Deluxe with Kids Tent – It has all the facilities of the Deluxe along with an adjacent tent with 2 twin beds for kids. So, altogether it can accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids.
- Safari with Kids Tent- It has all the facilities of the Safari Tent along with an adjacent tent with 2 twin beds for kids. So, altogether it can accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids.
Location: Moab, Utah
Suitable for: Solo retreat, couples, families, small groups, large groups
Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa has it all starting from the breathtaking scenery, 360 degrees views of the surroundings, and activities like horseback riding, live concerts, bonfires, lawn games and much more. Therefore, it is one of the best luxurious spots on the list of Moab Glamping accommodations.
There are five types of accommodation for Glamping in Moab at the Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa- River Studio, Balcony Studio, Mesa Studio, Family Suite and Ranch House Estate.
- River Studio- It gives the guests breathtaking views of the Colorado River when seated on the porch swing in the verandah. The décor is soothing to the mind with neutral colors. Can accommodate 4 people with its 1 king-sized bed or 2 queen-sized beds.
- Balcony Studio- Suitable for couples because of the romantic nature of the studio with mesmerizing views of the Colorado River in which you can enjoy in a private jacuzzi.
- Mesa Studio- Suitable for families as it can accommodate 4 people with its 1 king-sized bed and 2 queen-sized beds.
- Family Suite- Suitable for families or a small group of friends as it can accommodate 6 people with its king-sized bed and 2 queen-sized beds.
- Ranch House Estate- This is suitable for a large group looking for glamping in Moab as it accommodates 12 people with 2 bedrooms and a guest cottage bed. You can see beautiful views of the entire ranch from here, and cook your meals in the kitchen or grill some BBQ outside on the private deck.
Glamping in Moab Pinterest Pin!
Full-time World Travel Writer who runs multiple websites and social media accounts. I have spoken at various conferences around the world. Some of my hobbies include adventure, fitness and new technologies. I am also a trekkie!